Each year Employment Tribunal awards increase, we use these as a guide and can share with you the updated guidance as of 6 April 2020 which outlines the basic awards at Tribunals.
Failure to give written statement of particulars (Contracts of Employment):
- From 6 April 2020: £1,076 or £2,152 (two or four weeks’ pay capped at the statutory amount)
Maximum guarantee payments:
- From 6 April 2020: £30 a day (maximum £150, five days in any three-month period)
Maximum week’s pay for calculating redundancy and unfair dismissal basic award:
- From 6 April 2020: £538
Maximum basic award for unfair dismissal and statutory redundancy payment:
- From 6 April 2020: £16,140 (30 weeks’ pay subject to the limit on a week’s pay)
Minimum basic award for dismissal on trade union, health and safety, occupational pension scheme trustee, employee representative and on working time grounds only:
- From 6 April 2020: £6,562
Maximum compensatory award for unfair dismissal:
(unlimited for certain automatically unfair dismissals, for example, health and safety or whistleblowing)
- From 6 April 2020: £88,519
Additional award for failure to comply with reinstatement or re-engagement order:
- From 6 April 2020: £13,988 – £27,976 (26-52 weeks’ pay maximum)
Minimum compensation for employees excluded/expelled from trade union:
- From 6 April 2020: £10,022
Failure to allow right to be accompanied correctly:
- From 6 April 2020: £1,076 (two weeks’ pay capped at the statutory amount)
Flexible working regulations:
- From 6 April 2020: £4,304 (eight weeks’ pay capped at the statutory amount)
For more details, see The Employment Rights (Increase of Limits) Order 2020.
Personal injury compensation limits:
- From 6 April 2020, the Vento bands for calculating injury to feelings awards in discrimination claims for England and Wales increase as follows:
- Lower band £900-£9,000
- Middle band £9,000-£27,000
- Upper band £27,000-£45,000
- Exceptionally serious cases could exceed the £45,000 cap.
If you need any Employment Law assistance contact one of our team and a member of our legal team will be happy to assist you.