Letter to Former Employee Setting Out Intention to Make a Civil Claim for Unreturned Company Property

This template letter can be used where an ex-employee has failed to return property belonging to the company.  An employer can only make a deduction from the employee’s salary to cover the cost of unreturned property where the employee’s contract of employment permits this, or there is a prior written agreement authorising a deduction from wages for this purpose.